Thursday, August 8, 2013

Finding the love in Lori L. Otto's Emi Lost and Found series

First off I was totally supposed to do this review YESTERDAY but for some reason I thought I had until tomorrow and that's what I put on my calendar. Erh - my biggest and bestest apologies to the lovely Lori L. Otto! On with the show!

I was fortunate to be able to read the entire Emi:Lost and Found series as a full set (which is what I highly recommend you do as well). It consists of three full books; Lost and Found, Time Stands Still and Never Look Back. If I had broken it up into separate books I would have found it very difficult to have finished the series and then I would have been mad at myself.

Let me explain my last sentence (which I have to say is very difficult to do without giving away spoilers!). I loved this book series so much that I hated it at some points during the story. At alternate times, I wanted to wring Emi's neck and then I wanted to sucker punch Nate and then I wanted to lock them in a room together and make them figure it out to what I wanted to have happen for them. And then I cried tears of both joy and sadness. This series, Emi's story of losing herself in another person, her losses and her gains and finding herself again will make you run the gamut of emotions. Be prepared to lose yourself in them. At one point, I had to put the book to the side and process for myself that Emi's journey, while at some parts were heart wrenching, had great joy. She learns a lot about herself and what she is capable of doing as a woman. This is a love story but it's not just a love story about boy meets girl, they kiss, they fall in love and live happily ever after The End. It's a story about a young woman coming into her own as a person and learning how to deal with life changing factors and learning how to believe in herself and trust herself to believe in others. But then again...it kind of IS a story about boy meets girl, they kiss, they fall in love and live happily ever after, The End...but you will have to read it yourself to find out what happens in between all that because, believe me - the in between stuff is really what this story is all about.


Here's a copy of one of my favorite quotes by Emi. There are other bits and pieces that really pull at my heart strings but this best shows (in my honest opinion) why I ended up liking Emi:






4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great romantic series :D. gotta add to my kindle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like my kinda books - will go search on Amazon....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great series, definitely adding it to my reading list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review, Nicole! Good luck on your new blog!
    ~Angela~

    ReplyDelete