Friday, August 23, 2013

Lauren Blakely is playing with YOUR heart in her new book, Playing With Her Heart





Here's the book info from Amazon....


Book Description

August 17, 2013
From the NYT & USA Today Bestselling romance author, a story of a love so strong it breaks down walls...
My whole body is vibrating, and I am lit up from the inside out. Every part of me is aching for him. I'm completely naked on top of the piano and he rakes me over with his eyes, making me feel like I'm the only one he's ever wanted like this. I don't know how he does this to me, how he makes me feel charged all over, but I've never been this turned on. I didn't know I could be this turned on, but this man makes me feel like my body belongs to him...

Twenty-three year old rising theatre star Jill McCormick has built a life out of pretending. Pretending she's happy, pretending she's not haunted by the dark secret that shattered her world six years ago. But then she comes face to face with her new director -- sexy, sophisticated, jealous, all-alpha, dirty-talking Davis Milo. He tries to resist the actress he's cast, but the attraction between them is too powerful, and soon their private rehearsals spiral into new, forbidden territory. The connection, the chemistry is undeniable, and it hits them anywhere, and everywhere -- in the theater, on the piano, in the limo, in the restaurant...But the tragedy in Jill's past stands between them. Davis has walls too, so they can either face their fears together, or risk the most intense love, sex and passion either has ever felt...

"I move with him, letting him touch me, kiss me, taste my body like I'm his canvas and he's painting me with his tongue..."

*Recommended for 17+ due to scorching sexual content and a smoking hot alpha male.

Sometimes you start reading an author because there's a cliffhanger ending and you get sucked into having to know what happens next and sometimes you start reading a series because each of the books is great on it's own and the you want to know what is going to happen to the characters you love. This is why I read Playing With Her Heart by Lauren Blakely. I was a Theatre Major myself back in my pursuit of a college education so reading about the audition and call back process and then details regarding the stage process really brought a feeling of nostalgia for me. I felt it was a very accurate description of the back story. I have to admit that Trophy Husband is still my favorite of this series (because I love funny, quirky sexy female characters) but I really fell in love with Jill and Davis's journey. I really felt a strong connection to the characters in this story and I loved all the details that were put into developing their love and trials. I felt that the issues presented were nicely handled by the author - I don't want to give any spoilers so that's all I can really say about that - read it for yourself and you will see what I am saying!

No comments:

Post a Comment